Fighting on Behalf of Accident Victims
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 5,977 pedestrians died in traffic accidents in the United States in 2017. Pedestrians are incredibly vulnerable and, even when an accident does not result in fatal injuries, survivors can suffer from severe and catastrophic injuries from which they may not recover. At Schillinger and Associates, PLLC. in Albany, our experienced pedestrian accident attorneys will fight on your behalf for fair and just compensation if you were injured by a negligent driver.
What to Do After a Pedestrian Accident
If you were injured in a pedestrian accident, there are some steps you should take to protect your health and the future of your claim.
Here is what you should do after a pedestrian accident:
- Call law enforcement to the scene as soon as possible. Creating a police report is essential and, in many cases, required by insurance companies. Even if the driver tries to convince you that you should handle the matter yourselves, it is important not to skip this step.
- Obtain the driver’s information. If there were witnesses at the scene, be sure to obtain their contact information as well.
- Document as many details as you can regarding the accident, including the time of day and weather conditions. If possible, take pictures at the scene of the accident as well, and do not forget to take pictures of your injuries.
- Whether or not you believe your injuries are severe, it is crucial to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Some injuries are so severe that you will have to be taken to the hospital in an ambulance. However, you should not assume that you are fine even if your injuries do not warrant an ambulance ride. Medical attention should always be prioritized after an accident.
- Contact a personal injury attorney to discuss the details of your case.
Do not accept a settlement offer until you speak with a member of our team. In many cases, insurance companies make lowball offers that cannot begin to compensate survivors for their injuries. We will ensure that you are not taken advantage of and receive what you need to get back on your feet.
Speak to One of Our Experienced Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Today!
If you sustained injuries in a pedestrian accident, the legal team at Schillinger and Associates, PLLC. in Albany can provide the fierce representation and knowledgeable advice you need to obtain the best possible outcome.
Reach out to our law firm today at (518) 413-0889 to schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys to discuss the details of your case.